New York Times ArtsBeat Blog
Even More Mamet: 'Oleanna' Headed to Broadway
The production, which is transferring from the Mark Taper Forum in Los Angeles, stars Bill Pullman and Julia Stiles as a college professor and a student who accuses him of sexual harassment.
Pina Bausch: A Worldly Choreographer
Andrea Mohin/The New York Times. Rainer Behr and Shantala Shivalingappa in "Bamboo Blues" at the Brooklyn Academy of Music in December. Pina Bausch, who died today at 68, created many pieces throughout her career inspired by her travels to Turkey ("Nefés"), Portugal ("Masurca Fogo"), the United States ("Nur Du (Only You)") and several other countries. During [...]
Pina Bausch Dies
Pina Bausch, the choreographer and exponent of the neo-expressionist form of German dance known as Tanztheater, has died. She was 68.
Donmar Warehouse's 'Hamlet' Coming to Broadway With Jude Law
That collective "oooh" you just heard from Broadway is the sound of theatergoers whose solid flesh has melted and resolved itself into a dew.
Postcard From London: Talk About the Weather. Lots of Weather.
There's a heat wave in London, but in theaters there's a lot of rain, snow and sky falling.
Jeff Goldblum Reacts to Reports That Jeff Goldblum Has Died
Stephen Colbert turned in late-night comedy's most pointed reaction yet to a week of celebrity deaths and the news media's coverage of them.
New York Post Theater Blog
So long Pina Bausch
Pina Bausch died today, just five days after being diagnosed with cancer. She was 68. In recent years, she and her company, Tanztheater Wuppertal, had become popular regulars at BAM. It's difficult to underestimate Bausch's importance in dance, particularly a specific kind of dance-theater that's very popular in Europe. I'll come back to it in further detail in another post.
Hartford Courant Behind the Curtain Blog
Cirque du Bridgeport
Cirque du Soleil is returning to Connecticut -- with an arena show in Bridgeport.
Village Voice La Daily Musto Blog
Could Farrah Fawcett Act?
I know I can act. Every time someone quips "Farrah picked the wrong day to die"--meaning that she unexpectedly ended up losing headline space to Wacko Jacko--I squeal with laughter as if it were the...
Time Out New York Upstaged Blog
Jude Law’s Hamlet is Broadway bound
Jude Law's Hamlet comes to Broadway
Jude Law's 'Hamlet' set for Broadway
Donmar Warehouse production heads to N.Y. -- The Donmar Warehouse production of "Hamlet" toplined by Jude Law will make the transatlantic leap to Broadway this fall.
* Bill Pullman and Julia Stiles to Star in Broadway Oleanna
* John Aniston, Jason Graae, Jesse Lee Sofer, Victoria Tennant, Constance Towers Set for TV's Awakening of Spring
* Broadway's Hair to Perform at NYC Summer Restaurant Week Kick-Off
* Klea Blackhurst to Reprise Everything The Traffic Will Allow at Snapple Theatre Center
* Jude Law to Star in Broadway Hamlet
* Jersey Boys' Des McAnuff and Jeff Madden Among 2009 Dora Award Winners
* Pina Bausch Dies at 68
* Jeff Daniels' Escanaba to Debut at Purple Rose Theatre Company
* Savion Glover, Mark Morris, Basil Twist, et al. Set for City Center's Fall for Dance Festival
* Rachel York to Perform For The Love of It at Hollywood's Magic Castle
* Jennifer Leigh Warren to Headline Upright Cabaret's American Anthem -- Live
* Jason Alexander to Perform in New Jersey
* Tyne Daly and Xanthe Elbrick to Star in Project Shaw's Mrs. Warren's Profession
* Tony n' Tina's Wedding Debuts at South Beach's Mansion
* Kunze, Green, Aduba, Kantor, Krombach, Mendoza and More Cast in Muny's Godspell
* Pullman and Stiles Will Star in Oleanna on Broadway, Opening Oct. 11
* "Law & Order: SVU" Will Return in the Fall with Hargitay, Meloni and Lahti
* Blackhurst Will Salute Merman in Everything the Traffic Will Allow at the Snapple Theater Center
* Jude Law Hamlet to Play Broadway in September
* Escanaba, Daniels' Third Comedy About U.P. Folk, Will Premiere at Purple Rose
* Ackerman, Allen and Crosby Cast in Gentleman's Wish for Midtown Festival
* Stephen Eich Joins Pasadena Playhouse as Executive Director
* Ban and Pastor to Star in Zorro — the Musical at France's Folies Bergère; Renshaw Directs
* MI's Meadow Brook Will Stage Breaking Up Is Hard to Do, Sleepy Hollow, Mindgame and More
* Halston and Sweetie to Be Part of Pic-Up at Abrons Arts Center
* Amas Names Choreographer Torres Artist-in-Residence
* Spider-Man Turn Off the Dark's Ezralow to Choreograph Cats in Italy
* Rachel York to Play The Inner Circle at the Magic Castle in Hollywood
* CHART TOPPERS, Fourth Week of June
* American Anthem Concert to Feature Warren, Lowe, Thomas and More
* Tony Nominee Creel Will Take Vacation from Broadway's Hair in August
* Marcy and Zina Show to Feature Abramovitz, Blumenkrantz, Kelly and More
* Daly, Dugan, Elbrick, Irving and Murray Set for Project Shaw's Mrs. Warren's Profession
* Toronto's 2009 Dora Awards Go to McAnuff, MacKenzie, Eternal Hydra, Sound of Music
Honky Tonk Fairytale
Ten Cent Night, a sensational new play at the Victory Theatre Center in Burbank, hits all the right buttons. Funny and touching....