By Andy Propst on Jun 30, 2009 | In National, Industry
Jerry Lewis Set to Direct B'way 'Nutty Professor'
Jerry Lewis -- Broadway musical director?.
'Avenue Q' Reaches the End of Its Broadway Road
''Avenue Q'' will reach the end of its Broadway road in September.
Christian Science Monitor
Immigrant actors tell their story
Day laborers in Los Angeles offer impromptu street theater between jobs.
Stars head to the park for a 'Night' of Shakespeare
... A gala honoring Nichols and entertainment executive and former Public Theater boardmember Susan Lyne was the prelude for opening night of the Public's first ...
Jerry Lewis to helm 'Nutty' musical
Tuner aims to open on Broadway in 2010-11
'Avenue Q' reaches end of road
Musical to close on Sept. 13
Broadway bang for closing shows
Box office gets boost from exiting productions
'Twelfth Night' opens without rain
Event also honors Mike Nichols, Susan Lyne
Impressionist Fred Travalena dies
Las Vegas headliner began career in 1971
Those in a contemplative mood will find much to ponder; others won't get what the fuss is about.
A crafty play inspired by the 1982 balloon flight of truck driver 'Lawn Chair Larry' Walters.
Condola Rashad lends a resilient grace to the Pulitzer-winning drama “Ruined.”
Broadway Producer Morton Gottlieb Dies at 88
Broadway producer Morton Gottlieb whose career spans three decades, and whose plays ran into the thousands of performances, died of natural causes on June 25, in Englewood, N.J., according to the New York Times. Gottlieb was 88 years old.
Elaine Stritch Sued by Writer
Broadway legend Elaine Stritch is being sued by writer John Lahr for claims of non-payment for collaborating on her one woman hit Elaine Stritch at Liberty, according to the New York Post.
BackStage - BlogStage
Tatar on the Top
Actor-singer Daniel Tatar, a native of suburban Chicago, has made impressive career strides in multiple mediums and is clearly on a fast-track to greater things. Among his notable stage accomplishments since he settled in Los Angeles have been stellar performances in leading roles in high-profile musicals such as Ray Charles Live!, Kiss of the Spider Woman, and The Last Five Years, produced by some of the Southland's finest companies.
"Strip Search NYC" Chooses Ambassador of Burlesque
Friday night at The Slipper Room, judges at "Strip Search NYC" chose from 10 tough competitors to determine the "best peeler in the Big Apple" and select New York City's new "Ambassador of Burlesque," who will be representing NYC at the Toronto Burlesque Festival this summer.
By Andy Propst on Jun 30, 2009 | In Online Sources
Claudia Shear's new play about a woman restoring Michaelangelo's "David" asks audiences to spend too much time with an unlikable character.
* Christine Lahti to Join Law & Order: SVU
* Gavin Creel, Emma Hunton, Bryce Ryness, Alicia Witt, et al. to Play Joe's Pub in July
* Derek Keeling to Star in Connect/Disconnect
* New Victory Theater Announces 2009-2010 Season
* Earl Carpenter, Gareth Gates, John-Owen Jones Set for Les Miserables 25th Anniversary Tour
* Tony n' Tina's Wedding to Take Hiatus at Pipers Alley
* New Cast Announced for London's The 39 Steps
* Beebo Brinker Chronicles, D'Lo's Ramble-Ations, et al. Set for Brava! for Women in the Arts' 2009-2010 Season
* Patrick Andrews, Zarah Mahler, Jim Weitzer, et al. Set for Cabaret at Oakbrook Terrace
* Stef Tovar to Star in High Fidelity...The Musical at Route 66 Theatre Company
* Therese Raquin Begins Rep Run With Barker's Europeans June 30 in NYC
* Barrino Returns to Color Purple Role, Beginning June 30 at the Kennedy Center
* Murray-Smith's Ninety, with Choudhury and Kilner, Begins Powerhouse Run
* "It's In Your Hands Now": Sondheim's Road Show Cast Recording Released June 30
* The Einstein Project Begins Berkshire Theatre Festival Run June 30
* PLAYBILL.COM'S CUE & A: Michael Boatman
* Will Stanley Tucci Direct T.R. Knight in Broadway Lend Me a Tenor Revival?
* New Victory Announces 2009-10 Season of Children's Theatre
* Tony Nominee O'Hara and Naughton Welcome a Son
* PHOTO CALL: Harada, Larsen and More to Join Final Avenue Q Cast
* Harris, Robins to Star in Shakespeare Theatre of NJ's Noises Off; School for Wives Also Planned
* Broadway Grosses: June 22-28
* A Week More to Rage: DC King Lear, Starring Keach, Extends to July 19
* An Evening at the Carlyle Revue Extends to Open-Ended Engagement
* Streep, Tucci and Ephron to Chat at Sold-Out TimesTalks July 25
* Dench and Pryce Set for "Cranford 2"; McKenzie Is New "Miss Marple" on PBS
* Broadway Grosses: Box Office Strong; Four Plays Say Farewell
* Rondi Reed on Her 'Out-of-Body' Sunday: From August to Wicked
* Rock Star Amy Spanger Leaves Her Show
* Happy Talk: South Pacific Star Kelli O’Hara Gives Birth to a Baby Boy
* Jerry Lewis-Helmed Nutty Professor to Feature Score by Hamlisch and Holmes
* Mint Theater Company Lands 3rd Rock's Kristen Johnston
* Tony-Winning Musical Avenue Q to Close in September
SF Reviews: Spamalot, Some Men, Romeo and Juliet
Review: Evie's Waltz in NJ
Review: Reed in the Wind